You will develop and implement the HEOR strategy (including PROs, contribution to interventional and non-interventional data generation, etc) across all of Vifor’s therapies.
This Head of Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) role will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the development of HEOR evidence that supports business strategies and Market Access efforts
- Development and execution of evidence leveraging Vifor’s disease area expertise, supporting Market Access strategies, engaging decision-makers, influencers, and stakeholders, in order to have the appropriate data (clinical, QoL, economic, societal) to support patient access
- The role will represent Vifor internally and externally as a trusted partner and credible advisor
- Develops an effective HEOR team to design and execute strategies that demonstrate product value and support Market Access
- Works directly with other Market Access teams to meet the needs of patients, payers and policy makers
- Manages the coordination and collaboration of global, regional and country health economic teams to understand country-specific HEOR needs and opportunities and the respective activities
- Oversees that HEOR advises Medical Affairs and Clinical teams in the design of health outcomes/interventional and observational trials with health economic and Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO) endpoints in alignment with therapy and product value propositions for optimal impact on access decision-makers, influencers, and stakeholders
- Leads the development and coordination of company wide health economic tools that are part of the “core value tools” including BIM, CEM, GVD (AMCP & EUNetHTA format)
The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of this position are typically acquired through the following combination of education, experience and knowledge, or the equivalent.
- Undergraduate degree in Health or Social Sciences
- PhD, MSc, or equivalent in Health Economics, Public Health, Mathematics or related field
- 10 years of experience in health economics and/or outcomes research in pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in one or more key markets (geographic or disease area markets) would be ideal (including top 5 European and/or the US, as well as ESRD and/or CHF)
- Language requirement: English plus one other language ideally French, German, or Spanish
We offer you an interesting and challenging opportunity in an international company. As a medium sized specialty Pharmaceutical company we work cross-functionally, with lean structures and an entrepreneurial mind-set. To achieve our goals we focus on solutions, effective processes and we constantly seek to improve our way of doing things. In response to our demanding environment we offer opportunities to bring forward ideas, lead change as well opportunities for personal development and growth. The company offers competitive terms and conditions.