In this challenging role, you are responsible for the Pharmaceutical and Analytical Development in our site of Fribourg. At this position, you directly report to the Site Manager and manage a team of approximately 20 people. Your role is to manage human and technical resources to meet the site objectives. Your main responsibilities include:
- Development of new drug products according to international standards for international submission to obtain marketing authorizations
- Production support activities to maintain registered drug products at a state of the art level in respect of quality requirement and for manufacturing transfer activities
- Support our customers in case of technical requirement
- Assure a goal-orientated performance of development, transfer and/or product support projects within timelines and budget, according to schedules and costs agreed with site management and global functions
- Set-up of quality target product profile and specifications for raw materials, packaging materials and drug products
- Performance of formulation and process development studies on a risk-based / quality by design approach
- Resource planning for the pharmaceutical and analytical development activities
- Promotion of strategic decision for investment in new pharmaceutical and analytical equipment / technology improvement
- Set-up and maintenance of a network with external partners and universities for pharmaceutical and analytical development activities
- Active tracking of the trends and changes in the field of pharmaceutical development to stimulate and expand internal knowledge
For this role, we are looking for a reliable and dynamic person with the following profile:
- University degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry or Biochemistry or similar
- At least 5 years of practical experience in drug product development and production
- Very good knowledge of GMP environment, ideally within pharmaceutical industry
- Solid experience in people management, including in managing managers
- Long experience in project management
- Fluent in French and English both in oral and written conversation. Knowledge of German is an asset
You are an innovative, determined and assertive person, who likes to work in a very efficient and autonomous way. You have very good communication skills and like to coach people to achieve performance. You feel comfortable in a leader position, where you make decisions and act as an entrepreneur.
Vifor Pharma Group, formerly Galenica Group, is a global specialty pharmaceuticals company that researches, develops, produces and markets its own pharmaceutical products and is the partner of choice for innovative, patient-focused solutions. The companys goal is to be a global leader in iron deficiency, nephrology and cardio-renal therapies and strives to help patients around the world with severe and chronic diseases to lead better, healthier lives.
Vifor Pharma Group has production sites in Switzerland and Portugal as well as a dynamic network of affiliates and partners offering broad market coverage all over the world.
The company has an ever-growing global presence while at the same time remaining firmly rooted in its home market, Switzerland.
Vifor Pharma Group consists of Vifor Pharma; Vifor Fresenius Medical Care Renal Pharma, its joint company with Fresenius Medical Care; Relypsa; and OM Pharma.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viforpharma.com/en/about-vifor-pharma/who-we-are