The Technology Centre in St. Gallen, as a business unit of the Eaton Industrial Controls and Protection Division (ICPD) in Bonn, focuses on the development, production and sales support of industrial automation products, software and solutions, which are used by well-known machine and plant manufacturers worldwide.
The main task, while being a role model for the other solution-architects, is to be a “hunter” driving growth opportunities focusing on recurring business in defined sub-segments.
Hunting new opportunities in the existing customer portfolio and the identification of new customers in cooperation with Marketing, Country-Sales-Organizations and the regional sales teams by generating new business with disruptive solutions including the full Eaton product basket focusing on OEM Machine Manufacturers.
Engineer Solution Architect (m/f/n)
- Generate together with our Sales-Organizations (including Solution-Partners), Business-Development and Product-Lines new customers in industrial automation; expand today’s business by existing customers, focus disruptive concepts with customized and standard products combined in applications and solutions by pushing the full Eaton product basket.
- Feeding the Customer-Driven Innovation and Ideation process to support filling the product and technology funnel based on innovation tools (e.g. Innovation Summit).
- Execute Proof-of-Concepts together with lead customers managing responsibilities within the assigned team.
- Develop and continuously improve organizational capabilities of the team by applying the Eaton competency model.
- Gather innovation, technology and customer needs, share those with the product lines and the engineering organization and propose specific strategies.
- Investigate with Market Intelligence team customer opportunities for standardization, focus on applications which can be repeatable.
- Strong contribution to the Solution Center strategy process. Seeing ahead future possibilities and develop strategies out of this.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering / electronic / mechatronic / systems engineering or similar
- Demonstrates technical selling skills and product knowledge in machinery automation
- Work- experience in Electric / Electronics sector in the industrial automation field (no less than 5 years of experience)
- Business Acumen, familiarity with P&L, cost estimation, pricing and commercial terms, etc.
- Familiarity with CRM and other sales tools
- Experience in collaboration with distributed (virtual) teams
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Basic skills in project management
- Fluent in German (preferred mother-tongue) and English (oral and written)
What Eaton offers:
- A highly engaged, motivated and innovative team of engineers
- Cross-cultural working environment
- Flexible work time
- Varied and exciting challenges
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully.
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible.
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities
Arnaud Sierra, Talent Acquisition Consultant EMEA
Franziska Friemel, HR
Eaton Automation GmbH
9008 St. Gallen