Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment.
The main task of the Engineering Manager "Smart Application Software" is to lead the software development team in Bonn (Germany) and Sankt Gallen (Switzerland) for the Product Lines "Machine Operations and Controls" (MOC). The core task of these two sites is the development (Hardware and Software) of embedded systems for the industrial automation products such as HMIs and PLCs. The software team develops a broad variety of products such as application software for PLCs, entire visualization solutions for the HMIs and future Cloud/IoT solutions.
Location: Sankt Gallen (Switzerland) or Bonn (Germany)
Engineering Manager - Smart Application Software (m/f/n)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and drive the Software Technology Roadmap for the MOC Product Lines
- Develop and promote new innovative solutions together with the team
- Serve as product owner, including feature definition in alignment with customer needs
- Acting as the main point of contact between development teams and stakeholders
- Act as technical resource to team members, resolving complex challenges and ensuring the team utilizes best practice development techniques
- Take care of the technical and customer requirements as well as standards and legal requirements and also quality in close collaboration with the internal quality departments
- Align different software platforms
- Ownership and continuous improvement of the related development processes
- Prioritize and define work responsibilities for the team
- Communication and close collaboration with other Eaton entities
- Collaborate with product and program management teams
- Occasional travels to international Eaton locations
Required qualifications and skills
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Software
- 5+ years of experience in Software development and programming in practice
- 3+ years of team leadership experience
- Strong knowledge of Agile Principals and experience as Product Owner
- Strong experience in electronic business in the industrial automation / machinery field
- Deep knowledge of object-oriented programming languages (C#, C++), IoT/Cloud technologies (like Microsoft Azure, MQTT) and Web technologies
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Awareness of Cyber Security would be a plus
- Awareness with Design for Six Sigma (DfSS) is plus
- Experience in collaboration with distributed development teams at different international locations
- Motivating, communicative and innovating personality
- Fluent in German and English (written and verbal)
What Eaton offers
- A highly engaged, motivated and innovative team of engineers
- Cross-cultural working environment
- Flexible work time
- Varied and exciting challenges
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully.
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible.
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities