Leica Microsystems is one of the world leading companies in microscopes and scientific instruments. Our associates set new standards by realizing brilliant ideas and innovative technologies to support users in their field of application. Our products and services are used worldwide in clinical and life science research, medical professions, materials sciences, industry and forensics as well as in school and university classrooms.
Leica Microsystems in Heerbrugg, Switzerland is offering an:
Internship / Master Project R&D Advanced Technology (100%)
- Support the Advanced Technology team in a project of developing a new imaging system for surgical microscopes
- Support the identification of the most suitable solution, develop a setup and/or an algorithm and finally perform tests of the solution
- Documentation of the results
- Handle cross-functional relationships with various departments within the company (Advanced Technology, R&D, Business Management) and with external partners
- Master’s Degree in physics or engineering optics – attained or pending
- Fluent in verbal and written English
- Experience in conducting a research project
- Ability to use critical thinking and be creative
- Forward looking, open and innovative mind
- Good communication skills
- Ability to master intercultural differences
What We Offer:
- We offer a diverse position with broad tasks and responsibility.
- We are committed to offer an opportunity to gain experiences in a corporate environment
- Leica Microsystems is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for diversity in all departments and on all levels.
- We want our employees to be successful. Therefore, we support them with internal trainings.
- Flexible Time Management is possible