The Technology Centre in St. Gallen, as a business unit of the Eaton Industrial Controls and Protection Division (ICPD) in Bonn, focuses on the development, production and sales support of automation products, software and solutions, which are used by well-known machine and plant manufacturers worldwide.
As a Lead Architect Embedded Linux, you are an important role in our Embedded Platform team.
You cooperate closely with System Engineers and Product Management team to define and implement the best technical firmware solutions for our Industrial Automation product families. You lead multiple engineers technically and you are responsible for the definition and deployment of the technology platform architecture throughout the full product life cycle.
Lead Architect Embedded Linux (m/f/n)
- Conceptualize, specify device firmware in close collaboration with electronics engineering, based on customer needs and requirements
- Coordinate engineering and technology cooperation with global development teams
- Lead the implementation of cybersecurity requirements to our products in close collaboration with global cybersecurity Center of Excellence group
- Lead technical design and development tasks including maintenance
- Utilize appropriate tools and methods throughout the design cycle and sustaining engineering tasks
- Provide and maintain complete engineering documentation using Eaton tools and systems
- Resolve technical design issues for the related function and deliver optimal solutions with respect to function, time and cost
- live and promote an agile development environment following Scrum methodology
- Close collaboration on a global scale with international colleagues in Europe, US and India
Required qualifications and skills:
- An academic degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Linux/RTOS application engineering and software architecture
- Excellent software skills in embedded Linux and RTOS environment: architecture, design, and development
- Experience with defining an architecture and delivering according to that architecture
- Experience in Linux distribution build systems (Yocto)
- Experience in unit-testing, continuous integration, and version control (Git)
- Experience in software quality tools and standards
- Experience in M2M communication standards and platforms (TCP/IP, RestAPI, SNMP, MQTT, Modbus)
- Experience with working into an Agile team / environment (Scrum)
- Experience in issue tracking systems
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and data encryption
- Knowledge of embedded electronics (MPU/MCU) is a plus
- Full professional proficiency in English, German skills desired
What Eaton offers:
- A highly engaged, motivated and innovative team of engineers
- Cross-cultural working environment
- Flexible work time
- Varied and exciting challenges
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully.
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible.
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities
Aleksandra Witkowska, Talent Acquisition Consultant EMEA
Franziska Friemel, HR
Eaton Automation GmbH
9008 St. Gallen