The position owner will mainly ensure the position of Leica as a driver and new standard for connectivity, data management and usability. The position owner will lead the Project Management for our Medical and Applied products (digital microscopy, Image Processing, next generation, augmented reality) in the Global R&D organization and fosters an environment that delivers innovation, high product quality and on-time delivery of projects within our product portfolio. One must lead by example, act as a champion for lean product development and collaborate in a multi-disciplinary approach to achieve common R&D targets.
Manager Project Management Team R&D (f/m/d)
- Lead the R&D Project Management Team (currently 4 Project Managers)
- Establish and maintain standard work and daily management practices in project management (processes, methods and tools), by taking ownership of the function; driving consistency in project execution and the exchange of knowledge across R&D sites, implementing project road maps with Medical and Applied Divisions
- Innovation & Product Development: Collaborate within Global R&D and with Business Units, Operations to achieve project targets, provide clear and timely information to allow for detailed decision taking, Forecast and lead capacity and resources to effectively execute the committed roadmaps for product development, sustenance and innovation.
- Contribute to and support the development and execution of a technology roadmap, cultivate an environment that promotes innovation and ensures a strong IP pipeline
- People Management: develop a cohesive and unified team with common objectives and a shared attitude, foster a culture of openness and accountability, and instill associates with a sense of ownership/vitality, celebrate success and use failures as an opportunity for “guiding moments”, actively develop and coach associates in both technical capabilities and professional growth
- Implements and improves our Danaher Business System Tools for New Product Development
- Education: Bachelor or Master’s degree in engineering, physics, science or equivalent technical field, or similar degree with strong focus on Software or Electronical Equipment
- Demonstrated ability in a leading/leading position of 5 years with responsibility for a Team in R&D OR a Senior Project Manager/Line Manager with similar cross-functionally experience
- Validated experience of 5 years in Medical, Automotive, Aerospace or Military branch in a R&D function or similar highly regulated environment
- Successful usage of Lean Project Management Tools
- High familiarity with leading hardware and software complexity
- Track record in leading large, cross-functional R&D projects (delivered on-time, meeting product requirements and cost target)
- Applies Danaher Business Systems accordingly to project needs
- Language skills: required fluent in written and spoken English and in addition ideally German
What We Offer
- We offer a diverse position with broad tasks and responsibility.
- Leica Microsystems is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for diversity in all departments and on all levels.
- Continuous training, support and focus on your personal development
- Flexible Time Management
Are you interested to discover new opportunities in an innovative, team-oriented environment? Do you feel that this could be your future position? Then do apply online.
We are looking forward to your application!