Polymetrix is a renowned technology, engineering, plant construction, and services company in the field of thermal plastics processing.
As a mid-size company with 70 employees, Polymetrix is the global market leader in the design and construction of polymer production and recycling plants for a broad range of high value added applications such as PET bottles, PET films, and engineering fibers of polyester or polyamide.
For our engineering department, we are seeking a committed, independent, and initiative personality as
Piping Stress Engineer (m/f/d)
Your field of activity
- Piping stress calculation for process, conveying and utility piping (Heat Transfer Medium Steam etc.)
- Preparation of Pipe Material Specifications
- Generate stress reports and stress isometrics incl. loads and moments
- Define pipe support systems for anchors, guides, spring hangers etc.
- Define secondary steel supports
- Check and review pipe routing
- Integrate pipe information/loads into civil and structural drawings
- Review and check equipment nozzle forces
- Static analysis and design of steel structures
- University or university of applied science degree in Structural or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in basic- and detail design of piping engineering
- Good experience in piping stress calculation and in setting up piping specifications
- Knowledge of the appropriate Codes and Standards ASME, PED, API etc.
- Good knowledge of English and German in its written and spoken forms
- Skillful application of PC and the common MS Office programs especially Excel; CAESAR II or Bentley AutoPIPE, plant model viewers Navisworks or Bentley Navigator, AutoCAD, Bentley AutoPLANT Piping
- Autonomous, initiative, result-oriented and flexible personality with a team player attitude
We offer you a responsible, diversified role in an international and interesting work environment and the opportunity to contribute significantly to the success of our business. Interested? Then please don’t hesitate to send us your complete application to:
Beat Gfeller, Senior HR Manager
CH-9245 Oberbüren, Switzerland
T +41 (0)71 552 11 12