The need for security is deeply rooted in mankind. It’s good that there are forces that ensure more security and order in a changing world. Services and solutions from Safran Vectronix help to support these forces in their mission. Dedicated to target intelligence, we are recognized as a global leader in state-of-the-art optronic equipment for military, systems and sensors for military and civil applications. Almost 100 years of Swiss tradition and excellence in optics and precision engineering are reflected in our products. Customers in more than 90 countries rely on Safran Vectronix for Swiss quality, precision, and reliability.
We would like to reinforce our Research & Development department with a team-oriented
Software Engineer for high-tech observation devices (f/m)
Your main tasks will include:
- Development of embedded software for multifunctional observation and localization devices
- Design and implementation of software for multiple platforms (embedded Linux, Ubuntu, Windows) in C++, Qt and Python
- Writing automated tests from unit to system level (GoogleTest and Robot Framework)
- Technical lead of software projects and contribution to software architecture
- Working in an international and multi-disciplinary team
- Close collaboration with product management, quality assurance and production
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer sciences or electrical engineering
- Development skills in C++ using Qt or similar technologies
- You are familiar with automated testing
- Ideally you have also experience with Python and Embedded Linux
- Experience in a high-tech industrial environment combined with complex problem solving skills
We work in agile development teams on challenging research and development projects and have an open and diverse culture. This position is based at Safran Vectronix, located in Heerbrugg (Switzerland).
Dagmar Schwind, HR, is looking forward to receiving your written application at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Marcel Zeller, CTO, will be pleased to provide any further information regarding the tasks and responsibilities of the position at phone number +41 71 726 7255.