The need for security is deeply rooted in mankind. It’s good that there are forces that ensure more security and order in a changing world. Services and solutions from Safran Vectronix help to support these forces in their mission. Dedicated to target intelligence, we are recognized as a global leader in state-of-the-art optronic equipment for military, systems and sensors for military and civil applications. Over 90 years of Swiss tradition and excellence in optics and precision engineering are reflected in our products. Customers in more than 90 countries rely on Safran Vectronix for Swiss quality, precision, and reliability.
We would like to reinforce our Research & Development department with a team oriented
Software Engineer for Metrology Sensors (f/m)
Your main tasks will include:
· Development of embedded software for next generation of distance and geo-positioning sensors
· Ensuring software quality by automated testing from unit to system level (GoogleTest and Robot Framework)
· Technical lead of software projects and contribution to software architecture
· Writing documentation for your software, various technical documents and guidelines
· You will be working with highly skilled colleagues in interdisciplinary agile software development teams and cross-functional development teams
· Close collaboration with product owners, testing team, quality assurance and production
· Bachelor or Master degree in computer sciences or electrical engineering
· Development skills in embedded C++ combined with a problem solving mindset
· You are familiar with automated testing and testing equipment such as oscilloscopes, power meters and signal generators
· Know-how in BT, WiFi and communication standards is a benefit
· Ideally you have also experience with C#, Python, or Embedded Linux
· Experience in a high-tech industrial environment with safety critical software, combined with complex problem solving skills
· You appreciate working in a team, have a pro-active approach to work, are self-motivated and flexible, are able to prioritize and want to build great products
We work in agile development teams on challenging research and development projects and have an open and diverse culture. This position is based at Safran Vectronix located in Heerbrugg (Switzerland).
Angelika Rupp, HR, is looking forward to receiving your written application at
email@example.com. Marcel Zeller, CTO, will be pleased to provide any further information regarding the tasks and responsibilities of the position at
phone number +41 71 726 7255.